March 01, 2005

Abundant Abundance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Transition Coaching & Event Planning, LLC Newsletter
Abundant Abundance
March 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
in this issue
-- Article 1: A Failure Deficiency?!?
-- Looking for One Perfect Client
-- Article 2: Abundance Consciousness
-- Coaching Testimonial
-- Help Spread the Word

"Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into."

~ Wayne Dyer

Article 1: A Failure Deficiency?!?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As a budding entrepreneur, I make a point to go to as many entrepreneurial events as possible. So, last weekend, I attended an Entrepreneurship Forum held at Brown University. It was there that I had the privilege of hearing Mr. Frederic Alper's statement quoted below.

"One of my greatest failures is that I didn't fail enough."

~ Frederic M. Alper, lifelong entrepreneur & educator

What struck me about this concise and profound statement was how drastically it conflicts with mainstream thinking...where "risky" is presumed derogatory, and "security" is one of the most sought after goals. Not enough failure??!!? Wow! I, for one, found this idea so freeing!

An exercise:

1. What are you afraid to do that, one day, you too may regret NOT failing at?

2. And, what about the possibility that you won't fail at all? Are you more comfortable never knowing than you are with finding out?

3. If not, when will you decide NOW is the "right" time to make your move?

Looking for One Perfect Client
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm looking for the perfect client: A focused individual with an appetite for creativity, abundance, authenticity, and straight talk. If you are an emotionally intelligent, spiritual adult who is ready to take on a dream with vigor and commitment, and you want to be doing it in six months or less, email or phone to schedule a free first session.

Article 2: Abundance Consciousness
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Living in abundance is an idea I've been giving a lot of thought to lately. Abundance...of love, friendship, joy, wisdom, passion, patience, creativity, faith, freedom, and money.

Eeek! If you just had an uncomfortable visceral reaction to the word "money" being included in that list, you are not alone, for sure. As the topic of money consistently arises in discussions with my clients, I have become more and more eager to explore why it is that money elicits such a gamut of complicated feelings, including shame, greed, guilt, anxiety, anger...just to name a few.

What is this about?!?

While it's difficult to explain the phenomenon, what I've observed is a built-in, often unspoken, pervasive belief that, more often than not, results in a subtle but powerful influence over the way we think about money and our relationship to it.

A challenge:

Consider the possibility that, like love, friendship, joy, wisdom, passion, patience, creativity, faith, and freedom...there is no shortage of money to be had.

I encourage you to explore, with me, the possibility that there is nothing noble or ethically superior about embracing poverty consciousness over abundance consciousness, in any aspect of your life. Money included.

Will you give yourself permission to say, out loud, without guilt or hesitation, "I'm creating a life of FINANCIAL abundance too!"?? (Just in case you won't give yourself permission, I'm giving it to you, and hope you'll accept.)

Consider:

1. To what degree would making a simple shift in your money consciousness change your financial situation? Are you ready to find out?

2. If so, what action(s) will you take to support your vision of financial abundance?

Coaching Testimonial
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Meeting Tara was an intensely positive experience. Through our sessions, I gained the courage to see what I really want to do. My confidence grew as Tara helped me to recognize how many skills I have, while also giving me the tools I needed to take control of the transition in progress. I even began to really enjoy the transition process! I now have the tools to manage both my personal and professional life, and by applying them every day, my life has changed for good...

Tara always kept a positive attitude! She was always calm, which was good because I was not calm. She had total confidence that I was going to get what I wanted, and I began to think: 'If she thinks I can do it, then it must be true.' Parts of my personality that I had forgotten resurfaced, and with renewed confidence, I began to face my fears and overcome them with a positive attitude. Now, I'm on a fast-track to the career I've always wanted."

~ Cecilia, small business owner


Copyright © Transition Coaching & Event Planning, LLC, 2005.


Contact Information
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
email: tara@transitioncoachinginc.com
phone: 401.569.7017
web: http://www.transitioncoachinginc.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: